Paul Pettitt. Alonso Val. The Evolutionary Emergence of Costly Rituals.
Early human burials varied widely but most were simple
Social bonds with the dead: how funerals transformed in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries Katsumi Shimane. Belcastro , S.
A practical theology of bereavement care: Re-ritualization within a paradigm of "comforting presence" Lenwood Gibson , Dirk J. An analysis of the categorisation of the Skhul-Qafzeh hominin remains as modern Madalyn Grant.
Changing relationship between the dead and the living in Japanese prehistory. Naoko Matsumoto.
- Seduction of The Romance Novelist.
- Search inside SA.
- The Palaeolithic Origins of Human Burial.
- The Little Book of Prison: A Beginners Guide!
- 199 Fun and Effective Fundraising Events for Non-Profit Organizations.
- Cupcakes, Sales, and Cocktails (An Annie Graceland Cozy Mystery Book 2).
- The Subversive Archaeologist: Parsing Pettit's The Palaeolithic Origins of Human Burial.
- The River That Saved Me (Book 1).
- Reassembling the Social: An Introduction to Actor-Network-Theory (Clarendon Lectures in Management Studies).
- Palaeolithic Archaeology of Homo Sapiens 100,000-12,000 BP (ARC2131).
- The British Palaeolithic - Paul Pettitt, Mark White - Häftad () | Bokus.
Block Allow. Paperback sider.
Palaeolithic Origins of Human Burial
Paul Pettitt. Prehistoric archaeology.
Humans are unique in that they expend considerable effort and ingenuity in disposing of the dead. Some of the recognisable ways we do this are visible in the Palaeolithic archaeology of the Ice Age. The Palaeolithic Origins of Human Burial takes a novel approach to the long-term development of human mortuary activity - the various ways we deal with the dead and with dead bodies.
It is the first comprehensive survey of Palaeolithic mortuary activity in the English language. Observations in the modern world as to how chimpanzees behave towards their dead allow us to identify 'core' areas of behaviour towards the dead that probably have very deep evolutionary antiquity.
Related The Palaeolithic Origins of Human Burial
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved